We have a wonderful show that needs your help...
Currently Television is only
delivering the bare minimum!!
Did you know that:
(1) Since 1996, TV broadcasters have been required to air at least three hours of children’s educational programming per week.
(2) ONLY 1 of every 4 educational shows found to be minimally educational.
(3) Only 1 in every 8 educational shows was considered highly educational.
A study conducted found that only one of every eight E/I shows (13%) to be “highly educational.” In contrast, almost twice as many, nearly one of every four (23%) were classified in the lowest category of “minimally educational.” This is the first study of its kind in eight years, and it revealed a substantial decline in the percentage of highly educational programming over that time.
Read the Full study here!
Learn a little about Rachel
and her new show,
· Created Signing Time with her sister, Emilie
· Was nominated for an Emmy for her work as host of the show
· Is the mother of three children
· Airs on public television, Nick Jr. and Netflix
· Teaches children American Sign Language
· Features Rachel’s daughter, Leah, who is deaf, and Emilie’s son, Alex
· Screen time for kids is increasing
· Educational content is decreasing
· Only 1 in 8 children’s shows qualifies as “highly educational”
· Is based on a complete preschool curriculum - prepares kids for kindergarten
· Actively engages children in learning (signs, games, songs and, dance)
· Uses layered learning: teaches interrelated concepts vs.isolated concepts
· Teaches children HOW to learn with the CORI Method (wonder, ask, learn, share)
Rachel & the #TreeSchoolers
NEED YOUR HELP...
They need $200,000
and have currently raised nearly $150,000,
$35,000 of that in that past (2) TWO days!!
They have until TOMORROW, JUNE 14th at 10 PM MST
to come up with the other $50,000
They currently have a backer who will kick in the LAST $10,000
if they can come up with the other $40,000 in time.
Rachel went to Kickstarter
and here is why:
· Rachel took the pilot episode to TV executives
· Multiple studios turned it down because it was “too educational”
· As a mom, Rachel completely disagreed and knew other parents would too
· Rachel took the show directly to families through Kickstarter
· Families funded 5 new episodes in less than 30 days
· Three new episodes are funding now
With Kickstarter, families:
· decide which shows get made
· get involved in filming: 270+ children filmed so far
· interact with Rachel (Skype calls, postcards, pizza parties, concerts)
PLEASE CONSIDER HELPING!!
Watch the first (3) three episodes here
Ep 3: Incredible Insects
(Preview) Ep 4: My Amazing Body
And since I'm sure you'll be just as thrilled with it as I was...
here is the link where you can go to and/or send others to